Community Council minutes meeting May 2016

ARDCHATTAN COMMUNITY COUNCIL
Minutes of meeting held in Victory Hall 10th May 2016 following AGM at 7.30pm
Present: Margaret Adams (Convenor), Geoffrey Miller (Vice-convenor), Tim McIntyre
(Secretary), Anne Hilditch (Treasurer), Robin Dodman (CC), Jill Bowis (CC), Gordon Wood (CC),
John Campbell (CC), Tony Dalgaty (CC), Ashley Stones (CC, from 8.40pm); Councillor Elaine
Robertson (from 8.15pm); and Breege Smyth, candidate in forthcoming council by-election
1. Apologies: Sian Griffiths (CC), Ronnie Campbell (CC), Colin Morrison (CC), Councillors Julie
McKenzie and Iain S MacLean; Kieron Green, candidate in forthcoming council by-election;
PC Stuart Johnstone
2. Declarations of Interest: None
3. Minutes of Previous Meeting: held on 14th April, were approved, subject to addendum at item
5 to thank Breedons for providing surfacing material and barrier stones for the Victory Hall car
park overhaul.
4. Police Report: PC Johnstone had provided a report detailing incidents since last meeting, all
minor/routine in nature
5. Matters Arising: Village: Pot Hole at Kintaline Mill Farm: there is still a pot hole in the
road near to Kintaline Mill – CC to write to Council about this. Tralee 20mph limit: Elaine
will follow this up again with Roads dept. Also advised that for local road issues, we could
request the Roads engineer to meet with the CC; Shian Link Path: Margaret advised that a
Keil crofter was concerned to ensure that an existing right of vehicular access to ground across
the proposed path can be maintained – to be discussed at a site meeting. CC to write to parties
and suggest a site meeting.
6. Flooding on Tralee road: There is an ongoing problem with flooding at the far end of the
road, beyond the holiday park. This has been reported but no action has taken place. The water
during a recent wet period was up to 8” deep. Elaine has taken this up with Roads dept.
recently, and they have said that a gully cleaner will be sent out. A local resident advised that
he had been told by a council official that remedial drainage works were needed, so Elaine will
take this back to the department.
7. Oban FM CC update broadcast – Breege Smyth (Oban FM) has invited all local CCs to
provide a monthly update lasting approximately 1 minute, which will be broadcast monthly.
This is intended to start in September. Submission to be sent in as an MP3 – training will be
available on script writing & recording if required. Agreed this would be a good idea and to go
ahead when the time comes.
8. A828 overnight closures in May – BEAR have issued an update to the works – the work will
now take place over one week instead of two, from Sunday 15th to Friday 20th, and the road will
be closed from 9pm to 6am, with traffic allowed through hourly during the closure period.
9. Treasurer’s report – no change since last meeting;- overall balance is 3,103.97 – Anne has
amalgamated the previous two accounts to form a single general fund going forward. Agreed to
contact community payback to look at local projects.
10. Secretary’s report – Correspondence received & circulated; Coastal Trust – an invitation to
join the Argyll & Isles Coast & Countryside Trust; Transport Survey – a survey for Argyll &
Bute Community Health Partnership; Planning Our Future Report – report on budget
consultation carried out by Argyll & Bute Council.
11. Health matters – Robin attended MEDCAT meeting on 20th April, and he gave a run down of
some interesting statistics on the day to day work of Connel Surgery. The practice currently has
6 GPs, 3 partners & 3 salaried; 4 practice nurses & 1 health care assistant. There is a new
doctor joining in August as a GP partner, but Dr Flynn will be leaving the practice in the near
future. Robin also raised the proposed defibrillator at Bonawe, and received a positive hearing,
so we are hopeful of a positive outcome to the funding application which will be decided soon
at a meeting. Defibrillators (Tony): Funding options and applications ongoing.
12. Planning – no current applications
13. AOB – Breedons – General Manager Adrian Howe has emailed to suggest a meeting.
Suggested w/c 23rd May – Margaret will contact Breedons to arrange a date, and circulate; CPP
meeting is on 19th May at Oban High School, 6.30pm; Geoff: Moss road – near to Dalvuie, the
road is breaking up at the edges and requires urgent attention – report to Jim Smith.
14. Dates & Venues for forthcoming meetings – 30th June, North Connel Hall; 18th August,
Barcaldine; 29th September Ardchattan School; 10th November, Campbell Memorial Hall
There being no further business the meeting closed at 21:30pm
If you would like to contact the Community Council, please write, email or telephone:-
Secretary: Tim McIntyre, Birch Cottage, Barcaldine, OBAN, Argyll PA37 1SG
Tel: 01631 720498; Email: t_mcintyre@btconnect.com
ALL COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETINGS ARE OPEN TO THE PUBLIC

June 29, 2016   Posted in: Community Council

Leave a Reply