Ardchattan Community Council April meeting minutes

ARDCHATTAN COMMUNITY COUNCIL
Minutes of meeting held in Ardchattan School 6th April 2017 at 7.30pm
Present: Margaret Adams (Convenor), Geoffrey Miller (Vice-convenor), Tim McIntyre
(Secretary), Anne Hilditch (Treasurer), Lachie Strathern (CC), Robin Dodman (CC), Tony Dalgaty (CC), Jill Bowis (CC), Ashley Stones (CC), Sian Griffiths (CC), John Campbell (CC), Breege Smyth (CC); Cllr Elaine Robertson (from 8.15pm); 11 members of the public.
1. Apologies: Cllrs Kieron Green, Julie MacKenzie, Ronnie Campbell (CC), Colin Morrison (CC), PC Stuart Johnston
2. Declarations of interest: none
3. Minutes of previous meeting: held on 23rd February were approved subject to addition of
apologies from Sian – sent last time but email went astray.
4. Police report: none
5. Matters Arising: Crossing at Lochnell School: Following on from discussion at the previous meeting, about the safety of school children crossing the main A828 trunk road to Lochnell School, the community council agreed to follow up the issue with a view to holding a meeting between the school, parent council, police and roads authorities to discuss ways to improve the current situation. CC to contact these bodies to follow up.
Tralee Road: Road-end bollard has been hit again; also need to take up speeding/white lining on Tralee road with the council.
Rural Watch: Jill tried to register with Rural Watch but it needed a mobile number and a
landline – follow up with PC Johnston. Bonawe Quarry Liason Group: Geoff has circulated
the CC to suggest a meeting of the Liason group, but has not had a response from CC members.
It was felt that as there are no current issues, a meeting is not needed at the moment.
6. Recycling centre & Viewpoint: A suggestion has been made that the front fence be removed from the recycling area, in the hope of reducing fly-tipping and making the area easier to manage. Also some additional signage may help encourage correct usage of the facility. After discussion on the pros & cons of this proposal, it was agreed to take the fence down but leave posts in situ to allow it to be re-instated if necessary – Tim & Lachie to action. Benches need re-coating at the Viewpoint.
7. Tralee Link Path update: there has been progress in that the remaining landowner has now agreed to sign the Path Agreement. However, the funding which was in place has expired, so the result of a new funding application is awaited, expected late April.
8. Treasurer’s report:- Overall opening balance as at 23rd February 2017 3,156.13
less: electricity, Victory Hall (2.00)
Closing bal. General Fund 2,887.57
Defibrillator Fund 266.56
Overall closing balance as at 6th April 2017 3,154.13
9. Secretary’s report – Correspondence since last meeting:-
28/02: Draft handbook for Community Councillors
02/03: Notification of next Community Planning meeting, 27th April 6.30pm Corran Halls
06/03: Scottish Ambulance Service – registration of community defibrillators
07/03: A & B Council – work starting on revised Local Development Plan
17/03: Forestry Commission Barcaldine Forest Design open day 25th April 2-7pm Victory Hall
20/03: Sustrans – update on Route 78 south of Benderloch
22/03: Jolyon Gritton – funding available for improvements to paths
29/03: Holiday schedule 2017/18 for Connel Surgery
30/03: H & SC Partnership notes from meeting of Planning for the Future Group
02/04: Public enquiry ref. planning application at Benmore View, North Connel
03/04: Police Scotland 2026 consultation

10. Health matters (Robin): recent public meetings with hospital officials and staff have been very well attended. A new surgeon is now in post in Oban Hospital. A number of local medical facilities including Connel Surgery & LIDGH are defined as Training Centres which helps to bring trainee health professionals into the area. Health & Social Care integration ongoing.
Defibrillators (Tony): The Bonawe defibrillator is expected to be commissioned within the
next week, on the BT exchange by Kenmore Cottages. There is some funding still in place, and approximately a further £400 is needed to install the next unit. British Heart Foundation match funding will be available from May. Discussed briefly the need to provide some training once the unit is up & running. Training may be provided by Connel Surgery.
11. Planning: Plot 1 ACHA at Benmore View – residents complained that only only 4 households had received a letter about the development; however, this appears to be in line with the Council’s procedures on neighbour notification. Concerns were expressed about vehicular traffic through the estate for construction vehicles, given the narrow road width past existing residential properties. The land itself is peat and will require significant material to be both removed and taken in to the site, which is a locally valued wildlife area also. The proposed house is 4-bedroom and is felt to be out of keeping with the existing housing stock on the estate. Residents were advised to write individually to express their concerns to the planning authority, and that the planners would take all views into account, not just from those who had been formally notified.
12. AOB:
Lachie: is investigating costs for purchasing new flower tubs.
Anne: reported that a new elderly home care system is in place in the Ardchattan area.
Elaine & Robin were unaware of this and no further details are available at present.
Margaret: there have been reductions to the Oban to Fort William bus service, but updated timetables have not yet been issued and booking system is not updated either. Margaret will contact Citylink about this issue.
Glen Creran Quarry: Joy Blakeney enquired about progress on the application for a sand quarry at Glen Creran. Elaine advised that it is due to be considered at the June meeting of the Planning Committee, and will most likely be referred for decision at a Public Hearing later in the year.
13. Next meeting: 18th May Barcaldine PS; AGM at 7.30pm followed by ordinary meeting.
There being no further business the meeting closed at 21:15pm
If you would like to contact the Community Council, please write, email or telephone:-
Secretary: Tim McIntyre, Birch Cottage, Barcaldine, OBAN, Argyll PA37 1SG
Tel: 01631 720498; Email: t_mcintyre@btconnect.com
ALL COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETINGS ARE OPEN TO THE PUBLIC

May 17, 2017   Posted in: Community Council

Leave a Reply