Community council October Meeting Minutes

ARDCHATTAN COMMUNITY COUNCIL
Meeting held in Ardchattan Primary School 3rd October 2017 at 7.30pm
Present: Margaret Adams (Convenor), Geoffrey Miller (Vice-convenor), Tim McIntyre
(Secretary), Anne Hilditch (Treasurer), Lachie Strathern (CC), Robin Dodman (CC), John
Campbell (CC), Ronnie Campbell (CC); 8 members of the public.
1. Apologies: Jill Bowis (CC), Sian Griffiths (CC), Colin Morrison (CC), Breege Smyth (CC),
Tony Dalgaty (CC), Ashley Stones (CC), Cllrs Elaine Robertson, Kieron Green, Andrew
Vennard, Julie MacKenzie, PC Stuart Johnstone;
2. Declarations of interest: none
3. Minutes of previous meeting: held in Victory Hall on 22nd August were approved
4. Police report: none
5. Matters Arising: Sustrans Cycle Track Ledaig: No update – discussions ongoing between
Sustrans and landowners. Health – Margaret thanked Robin Dodman on behalf of the CC for
the work he has done over the years on the Health & Care Forum, from which he has now stood
down.
6. Tralee Link Path update: Work has begun in earnest on construction of the new link section
between the cycle path and the Keil Road footpath. New passing places are also being
constructed as part of the project.
7. Closure of trunk roads due to accidents: letter received from Cairndow CC regarding
problems with road closures resulting from motorcycle accidents. In general, there is an
increasing problem with unscheduled and often long and highly disruptive closures – comments
made including increasing traffic volumes, poor condition of roads, lack of road policing
resources, drivers unfamiliar with the conditions, increasing requirement for post-accident
investigations (including for insurance purposes) and the lack of local availability of the
specialist equipment required. Geoff suggested that Police Scotland are lagging behind other
UK forces in the use of newer technologies e.g. dashcam footage as evidence of bad driving or
for immediate post-accident investigation allowing quicker re-opening of roads. Agree to write
to Cairndow CC to support general principles but disagree with focussing solely on
motorcyclists. Campbell Cameron suggested improvements to back road to Connel, e.g. extra
passing places etc. to make a more suitable alternative route.
8. Treasurer’s report:-
Overall opening balance as at 27th June 2017 2,660.98
Opening bal. General Fund 2,660.98
less: Compost for tubs (40.00)
Replacement tubs (260.00)
Hire of N Connel Hall (20.00)

Overall closing balance as at 3rd October 2017 2,340.98
9. Secretary’s report – Correspondence since last meeting:-
• Review of Scheme for Establishment of Community Councils
• Tidal generator test at Falls of Lora – in place November/December
• Petard Investments, Bonawe – advise that site will be fenced
• Home Energy Efficiency Scheme – grants available for insulation etc.

10. Health matters: Defibrillator: Location for the Benderloch unitwas discussed and it was felt
that Ford Spence Court would be best – CC to write to ACHA (Iona MacPhail). Hoping to
organise community information event to make people aware of the defibrillator and how to
use it.
11. Planning: Geoff following up continued queries over planning conditions relating to houses
west of The Haven. Mr Maxwell & Mr Mattison raised planning relating to wind turbine at
Culcharron – visual impact, noise. CC to look at plans and discuss a response.
12. AOB: Ardchattan School Building: open engagement day held on 1st Oct. to discuss
community’s wishes for the future of the school building. The day was successful with a good
attendance and a stong wish to see the building put to community use if possible. Next stage is
a meeting with potential funders, advisors and others who have undertaken similar projects,
hopefully in November.

Beinn Lora – forest trails expected to re-open around the end of October.

Anne – issue of no late bus to Barcaldine raised again by a resident. – pass to
councillors & request review.

Lachie – community buy-out Tralee Beach? Need to register an
interest. Suggested we arrange Community Plan meeting to discuss this and other possible
projects. Need to take the initiative or lose opportunities. Discuss further at next meeting.

Ronnie: Annual donation to Club na Càirdean £200 proposed – agreed.

DJ – waiting on results from speed monitoring equipment which has been in place for a couple of weeks. School pick-up point has been moved into school pitch which has improved things considerably. There has also been a good police presence in the village in the first few weeks of school term.
13. Next meeting: Thursday 16th November 7.30pm Barcaldine Primary School
There being no further business the meeting closed at 9:30pm

If you would like to contact the Community Council, please write, email or telephone:-
Secretary: Tim McIntyre, Birch Cottage, Barcaldine, OBAN, Argyll PA37 1SG

Tel: 01631 720498; Email: t_mcintyre@btconnect.com

ALL COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETINGS ARE OPEN TO THE PUBLIC

November 15, 2017   Posted in: Community Council

Leave a Reply