Minutes of meeting 16 November 2017

With apologies for lateness

ARDCHATTAN COMMUNITY COUNCIL
Meeting held in Barcaldine Primary School 16th November 2017 at 7.30pm
Present: Margaret Adams (Convenor), Geoffrey Miller (Vice-convenor), Tim McIntyre
(Secretary), Sian Griffiths (CC), Colin Morrison (CC), Tony Dalgaty (CC), Ashley Stones (CC),
Lachie Strathern (CC), Robin Dodman (CC); Cllrs Elaine Robertson, Kieron Green; 1 member of
the public, Campbell Cameron.
1. Apologies: Anne Hilditch (Treasurer), Ronnie Campbell (CC), Breege Smyth (CC), Jill Bowis
(CC); PC Stuart Johnstone; Cllr Andrew Vennard
2. Declarations of interest: none
3. Minutes of previous meeting: held in Ardchattan Primary School on 3rd October were
approved
4. Police report: PC Johnstone was unable to attend due to shift patterns but kindly provided a
report detailing recent minor/routine issues. Margaret mentioned that PC Johnstone had said in
an email that crash investigation team has to travel from Glasgow in the event of a serious
accident, which was one reason for the lengthy road closures following such accidents –
Margaret had been told at a Community Planning Group meeting that there was now an Argyllbased
team. Need to clarify this with Police Scotland at next CPG meeting.
5. Matters Arising: Sustrans Cycle Track Ledaig: No update at this time – discussions ongoing
between parties. Tralee Link Path: The path is now open and generating positive comments in
the community. The CC records its thanks to all concerned with the project, which has been a
great example of all working together. Speeding on Tralee Road a continuing problem, need to
follow up earlier request for a Safety Review. Bus Service – discussed again possibility of
extending one of the later (e.g. 1740) buses to Barcaldine or Appin, and a later bus (10.35?) to
Benderloch – CC to write to West Coast Motors. Ardchattan Primary School: not on Asset
List at present as school is officially still open (though mothballed). Kieron has been in touch
with Head of Education to ask that the process be expedited. CC to write to Anne Paterson to
add our voice. cc Yvonne McNeilly
6. Review of Scheme for Community Councils: The revised Scheme goes to Council meeting in
the near future, following which a date will be set for the next CC elections in Spring 2018.
7. Formation of Community Trust: It was agreed to email Laura MacDonald & Breege to
arrange a meeting in the near future to explore the possibility of developing a Community Plan
and setting up a Community Trust to progress it.
8. Treasurer’s report:-
Overall opening balance as at 3rd October 2017 2,340.98
Opening bal. General Fund 2,340.98
less: Donation to Club na Càirdean (200.00)

Overall closing balance as at 16th November 2017 2,140.98
9. Secretary’s report – Correspondence since last meeting:-
04/10: Connel CC forwarded notice of work on Connel Bridge from 4th Dec.
16/10: Local Development Plan Main Issues Report – respond by 11th Dec
08/11: BEAR – disused slipway at South Creagan – proposed fencing-off
16/11: Sustainable Marine Energy – installation of turbine to begin around 24th Nov
10. Health matters: Defibrillator: the second defibrillator is ready for installation and discussions
to take place soon with ACHA on possible location on the outside of the Ford Spence Court
building. Robin: will be attending MEDCAT meeting on Tuesday 21st Nov.
11. Planning: New Local Development Plan draft Main Issues Report has been published –
comments to be submitted by 11th Dec. Clarity needed over extent of ‘growth area’ and
whether it includes Benderloch
12. AOB: CC notes appreciation for the work carried out by the ‘Road Man’ who has been carrying
out a huge amount of voluntary maintenance work on the trunk road verges in the local area.
Campbell: raised the very poor state of the road at the Black Castle and by Kintaline Mill and
Tralee Holiday Park – councillors will follow up. Lachie: raised again the suggestion of safety
barriers at side of cycle track between Benderloch & Mill Farm, following further incidents
where vehicles have left the trunk road and ended up on or across the cycle path. Turning
Circle – has not been re-surfaced as promised.
13. Next meeting: Thursday 18th January 2018 7.30pm North Connel Hall
There being no further business the meeting closed at 10:00pm
If you would like to contact the Community Council, please write, email or telephone:-
Secretary: Tim McIntyre, Birch Cottage, Barcaldine, OBAN, Argyll PA37 1SG
Tel: 01631 720498; Email: t_mcintyre@btconnect.com
ALL COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETINGS ARE OPEN TO THE PUBLIC

January 17, 2018   Posted in: Community

Leave a Reply